Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, January 27, 2014

WHAT DO YOU NOT READ?!

Hm.  I wonder if there's a series that could revolve around the question "What do you NOT read?"

Because I realized recently that, as a result of the internet, I might not ever read a certain pile of 20 books: THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY!  All twenty volumes!



Because when I need to look up a word, I just go to the internet!



Hm.  On the other hand, I might yet dive into these books some day.  Because just frolicking through the pages often generates fabulous projects!



I once did a series of poems based on whichever word Merriam-Webster (MW) emailed out as its "Word of the Day."  I describe that process over HERE at Lantern Review.  (Those poems are also available in my book I TAKE THEE, ENGLISH, FOR MY BELOVED.)  I could see myself opening The Oxford at random for poem prompts -- why not?  As with the MW poems, the structure allows the poet to transcend the limits of one's conscious imagination.




No comments:

Post a Comment