Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, March 29, 2014

DEAR SAMPAGUITA GIRL,



Sampaguita is the lovely national flower of the Philippines...Anyway, thank you Sampaguita Girl for citing me in "5 Pinay Writers You Need to Check Out." It's always nice to hear that one's writings touched someone (especially someone I don't know).

Now, you illustrated your piece with a photo of me when I'd just graduated from Barnard College.  I am grayer than that photo nowadays but I appreciate your reminder that, through the Internet, I can remain eternally young (grin):


This photo, of course, was the one pixelated by Jukka-Pekka Kervinen into a cover of one of my books, MENAGE A TROIS WITH THE 21ST CENTURY (naturally I cite it since this is what this blog does: Verbs Books!):


But let me not go on about moiself.  I second Sampaguita Girl's recommendations of the other lovely four Pinay writers: Joi Barrios, Evelina Galang, Jessica Hagedorn and Barbara Jane Reyes.  Check 'em out!


No comments:

Post a Comment