Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, March 3, 2014

SLO...O...W WRITING

I finished an outline for MY UKRAINIAN RUSSIAN NOVEL over the weekend.  This morning I finished a draft of its first part, the "Prologue."  It's a different feel, this attempt at writing of a (HUGE) novel.  I feel the urge to speed up, but am deliberately slowing down the pace.  I suspect speeding up might cause me to run out of steam.  

Anyway, to fuel the novel, I'd been listening to Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto.  Obsessively.  Played it constantly, 24-7, over five days.  Until I felt I had to break myself of it.  Well, what can break someone off Tchaikovsky (tho I'll keep returning to it of course)?  But of course, Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 5 in D Major.  Here are two three renditions I like (I want to blog it, too, so I can more easily access them).  The first is more traditional and the second is really FUN!  There many renditions out there, but I love the COMMAND(!) of the first rendition.  As for the second, I bought Jacques Loussier for my Itunes after hearing him....






 



P.S.  Of course there's ALSO the Glenn Gould!




Humm away, Mr. Gould!




No comments:

Post a Comment