Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

POEM FROM A TRUE STORY (#5)

I'm binging on Netflix and just watched a wonderful movie, "Le Concert."  And it moved me to write:


BEFORE THE CONCERT 
--for Tchaikovsky

Notes exist everywhere 
looking for harmony  

an anguished desire 
like mine to feel 

my parents watching 
me, seeing me 

as they have never 
known me, the violinist 

incomplete before the climax 
that never happened 

or will yet happen


Perhaps I'll always tear up over Tchaikovsky' Violin Concerto ...  A different feel HERE ...




No comments:

Post a Comment