Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, January 16, 2017

I'LL NEVER FORGET THIS REVIEW


I'm grateful, deeply grateful. But, mostly, I am amazed by this review. Very very surprised (specifically at that first paragraph). But Kevin Killian, as many know, is a generous being. Thank you, Kevin: AMNESIA was blessed to be read by you.

Here's part of what Kevin says:

The “forgets” are often tender as well as candid, and it would take a hard heart not to be moved by Tabios’ vision of life as a pageant of feeling and vision, unrolling before us on crystalline rods oiled perfectly with WD40. Has anything happened to anyone anywhere that this book does not prophesy forgetting? I doubt it.
I also like reviews that teach me something. So now, I know what "WD40" is -- who'da thunk I'd learn it from a poetry review?!



Bless you, Kevin Killian.




No comments:

Post a Comment