Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Thursday, May 29, 2014

THE REVIEW AS STARTER, NOT CONCLUSION

I come belatedly to this conversation between Thomas Fink and Chris Pusateri -- I note it because it mentions an earlier review I did on Pusateri's book COMMON TIME in Galatea Resurrects.

What I love about the conversation is how it referred to my earlier review -- because I think reviews are at times (often) mistaken as conclusions about a work, rather than an engagement that can extend the conversation the book began or the beginning of a new conversation.  I believe this is particularly important for poems, which often are (created) as openings.

Anyway, check out the smart(!) Fink/Pusateri conversation HERE.  My earlier review which they reference is HERE.

Among other things, you also may learn something interesting about ... titles.



No comments:

Post a Comment