Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Friday, May 16, 2014

THE BLIND CHATELAINE'S KEYS

One of my weirder (an adjective the publisher also uses for itself with as much affection as I hold for the term) books is THE BLIND CHATELAINE'S KEYS: Her Biography Through Your Poetics.  I was reminded of this when I walked by the wine cellar this morning -- specifically, the book's cover which features this lovely "chatelaine" that I believe was crafted by artist Donna White, at the instigation of poet-publisher Geoffrey Gatza:



Walking by the wine cellar reminded me of such because I like to collect keys, and my largest happens to be the wine cellar key



which opens this lock I love for its sculptural aspects


Well, physically the largest.  The Chatelaine also collects intellectual versus physical keys.  That's why, though there are wine bottles in the cellar, there's also the sculptor Pygmalion reading a book of poetry (viz this glass mural over the sink):



This is the kind of stuff I post when, actually, I don't have anything to say ...



No comments:

Post a Comment