Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, February 29, 2016

THANK YOU POET-PUBLISHERS!



What I love about the above photo -- of Robert and Elizabeth Murphy who run Dos Madres Press -- is that it allows me a glimpse into the facility (so to speak) of one of my indie publishers. Dos Madres Press published INVENT(ST)ORY and you  can see its blue cover on a box behind Elizabeth. I look at that photo and I'm so moved over the idea of all these poets working selflessly to put out more poetry into the world; often, these poet-publishers work out of their homes and I love the implicit intimacy. Thank you to all poet-publishers: among those who've aided my work, in addition to the Murphys, I think of and thank Jukka-Pekka Kervinen,  Mark Young, William Allegrezza, Catherine Daly, Sandy McIntosh and all the poets of the Marsh Hawk Press collective, Marthe Reed and Nicole Mauro and other poet-editors at Black Radish Books, lars palm, Jesse Glass, Peter Ganick, Kristy Bowen, Tony Frazer, Gregory Vincent St. Thomasino, Steve Tills, Amanda Laughtland, Alec Newman, among others.

I stumbled onto the photo of the Murphys at their new Facebook page set up for AWP.  I won't be at AWP but they will have my book so hope you check out all the lovely Dos Madres books. Speaking of poet-publishers and AWP, you can go HERE for a photo of the founders of Marsh Hawk Press which was recently highlighted by AWP-Facebook. (Marsh Hawk also will bring my latest book, THE CONNOISSEUR OF ALLEYS, to AWP).

Lovely poets, lovely publishers, lovely poetry.  Thank you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment