Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I WAS A WRITER ON WRITING!



I'm quite grateful to Poet-Professor-Scholar Robert Gluck for hosting me for the third time for SF State's "Writers on Writing" series."  On Monday evening, I discussed my  2007 book The Light Sang As It Left Your Eyes: OurAutobiography.* Among many other things discussed, I told the very engaged audience that I was really happy people like The Light Sang ... that I'd created for the few weeks that I was by my father's bedside. As a result of its context, it's the rawest book I'd ever constructed -- and yet it seems to have moved more people than some of my more elegant books. C'est la vie!  Anyway, here are some photos from the event:

(Poet-professor Robert Gluck presents Introduction)

(Some students in line for the book signing--such gorgeous happy faces!)

(Ruth from Modern Times supports the book sales!)

The Light Sang ... is 8 years old.  Which is to say, it found a new audience 8 years later.  This is why I don't stress over cannibalizing my or the "tiny" audience for poetry when I released at least three books a year.  I stress instead on just making sure my writing (quality) warrants publication.  Thank you, Universe, for the support!


_______
* For Writers on Writing I also previously presented on Reproductions of the Empty Flagpole and NOTA BENE EISWEIN.






No comments:

Post a Comment