Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, August 8, 2015

INVENT(ST)ORY: A PRE-ORDER SPECIAL WITH A COMPLIMENTARY BOOK

[Please Forward]

Dear All,

My poetry collection INVENT(ST)ORY: Selected Catalog Poems &New (1996-2010) will be released Sept. 1 by the publisher, Dos Madres Press (Ohio).  Before September, they are making it available as a pre-order, for shipment on Sept. 1.  As they are a new publisher for me, I’m doing what I can to help them promote the book.  In this case, if you do a pre-order with them, I will send you separately another one of my books!

You can pre-order with Dos Madres by going to https://www.dosmadres.com/shop/inventstory-by-eileen-r-tabios/

You can choose your complimentary book by going to my website and clicking on PUBLICATIONS at http://eileenrtabios.com   As long as the book is not out of print, it will be available for you. Email me your choice through galateaten at gmail dot com

INVENT(ST)ORY retails for $20, but hopefully that’s a bargain for a 222-page book sized at 8”x10”.  More information about the book is available at http://eileenrtabios.com/poetry/inventstory-selected-catalogue-poems-new/

As background, INVENT(ST)ORY is my second Selected Poems project. I’ve chosen to focus my Selected Poems projects on poetic form.  INVENT(ST)ORY is focused on the catalog or list poem form.  My first Selected, THE THORN ROSARY (Marsh Hawk Press, 2010) is focused on the prose poem form.  I focus on poetic form because I want to lay out clearly whether or not my poetry has contributed to expanding poetry’s landscape through its forms. I am laying it on the line...and it'll be easy to judge me! Whether you as reader agree or disagree, I would love to hear from you. 

Both of my Selected Poems were edited by one of the most astute poetry critics today, the poet-painter-scholar Thomas Fink. I mention this as he also provides an Introduction in each book that is useful and educational, not just on my writings but on the poetry forms.

Thanks in advance for your consideration,

Eileen R. Tabios


(Eileen's two Selecteds: THE THORN ROSARY and INVENT(ST)ORY)




No comments:

Post a Comment