Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I BUY POETRY! (2014, #2)


Woot!  Someone just placed a single, 15-book order of VERSES TYPHOON YOLANDA

Extremely heartening given the continued drop in overall poetry book sales (for example, HERE and HERE).  Which is why I also try to ensure I continue to buy poetry books even as my To-Read stacks continue to grow.  Here’s an update on moi Recently Bought Poetry List of books by poets or about poets/poetry:


MEMORY HOLES by Erin Virgil  

THE FEEL TRIO by Fred Moten

THE NOTHING THAT IS by John Olson

AMULET by Jason Bayani

THE CASTING OF BELLS by Jaroslav Seifert, Trans. From the Czech by Paul Jagasich & Tom O’Grady

HOROSCOPES FOR THE DEAD by Billy Collins (It was on extreme sale :)

147 MILLION ORPHANS (MMXI-MML) by Eileen R. Tabios

VERSES TYPHOON YOLANDA: A STORM OF FILIPINO POETS (edited by yours truly; if I buy my own books I include on this list)


My list of purchased books is skewed as much of what interests me is given to me for free.  But I try, and click HERE for other poetry or poetry-related books I've purchased in the past.




No comments:

Post a Comment