Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, March 28, 2016

CHANCE POETRY?


I appreciate Chris Mansel's attention to my new book The Connoisseur of Alleys in The Daily Art Source. Chris asks, "Should poetry be left to chance? If it is 'generated' by a machine is it still chance?" 

It's an interesting question because even when I (and others based on what I've read about others' processes) write consciously with "I" in place, chance often comes up in the process (as words define their own effect as much as the human does). 

(Btw, if my source is a machine, it's probably a hybrid between human and machine, not purely a machine...but that's another story involving how I prefer trans ... Anyway, information on my MDR Poetry Generator HERE.)



No comments:

Post a Comment