Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

LOOKING FOR INNOVATIVE MANUSCRIPTS!

[FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS CALL]


I was recently honored to be asked by a wonderful press to join its editorial board.  In this role, I would be in a position to recommend manuscripts or writers to the press to consider for publication.  It's a worthwhile gig and I genuinely admire this press, such that I initially replied with an enthusiastic YES! to their invitation.  But this is one of those situations where I don't know yet about my capacity to find manuscripts or writers I'd recommend--specifically, recommend for this press which is interested in innovative poetry and hybrid work, as well as translations and collaborations.  So the press gave me permission to query my network (through this blog and other places) to see if I have enough material that would make it worth my time (and theirs) to formally join their board.

So, please consider this A GLOBAL CALL FOR INNOVATIVE WORK! 

You do not have to have the manuscript finished as you read this Call.  That is, you may have a draft or an idea that you think you could finalize into a manuscript you could send to me in the near future. If you are in this position and would be interested in submitting it for potential publication, you can email me at galateaten@gmail.com to inform me.

I am not looking for manuscripts at this stage.  I am simply looking for reasonable possibilities of such manuscripts being submitted to me for consideration sometime in the near future.  Email me replies like "Yes, I have a manuscript now" or "Yes, I could have a manuscript ready in _________ (fill in the time frame)."

The idea, again, is for me to anticipate that as a Board member, I will be able to follow up with a group of people who will have manuscripts for my review and which I might be able to recommend for publication. That'd be manuscripts that would fit the press' interest in innovative poetry and hybrid work, as well as translations and collaborations.

Call Email me!  Email me, too, if you have questions!  Let me know by the end of the month: June 30, 2015.

If we don't know (of) each other, feel free to include a bio.

Sincerely and with all Good Wishes to your Writing,

Eileen R. Tabios
galateaten@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment