Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

FOR HEALTH, A BOOK -- OR APPLE -- A DAY!


Stopped by the library to return a book (Daniel Silva's latest THE HEIST and I think Mr. Silva does his genre so well), and saw a book someone had sculpted into an apple.  I'm always interested in which books people reconfigure into something else -- even when they turn it into artwork, doesn't said reconfiguration imply they may not feel the book's not worth reading?  For me, for example, I've got a set of books I plan to turn into sculptures and it'd make sense as my raw material are cookbooks...(just kidding; actually, not). Anyway, I made sure to photograph the title of the book too... I guess the author wasn't that effective for the sculptor-reader...


No comments:

Post a Comment