Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, January 11, 2016

R.I.P., DAVID BOWIE

(Some of the Eileen Tabios books at Poets House, New York City)

I didn't become a poet because of David Bowie. But I want each of my books to be significantly different from each other because of David Bowie and artists like him -- My take? They feel physics: the world is an infinite series of parallel universes where overlaps can occur due to curvature and weave. Thus, the artist's work will be multiple and varied and ... prolific. I didn't become a poet because of him, but if I stay one it will also be because of his inspiration. R.I.P.



Here is David Bowie's  "100 FAVORITE BOOKS" -- of course it includes Poetry.






No comments:

Post a Comment