Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

THE HAY(NA)KU VISITS SERBIA

because ... Why not?


Just in time for the holidays, some recycled Xmas stickers and stationery referencing Galatea (thus also Pygmalion) become a postcard that's part of a Mail Art exhibit in Serbia, curated by Dejan Bogojevic. The above image is one of the contributions. You can see all of the postcards at its Facebook Page.

Here's my postcard (though it's supposed to be without the yellow post-it):



The  hay(na)ku postcard poem-text is

Dear Serbia, 
I stepped off
the pedestal
where 
Pygmalion placed me.
I engaged
[XMAS STICKER OF TOY SOLDIER] 
Thus, I ceased
to be
MERRY

The last word is another Xmas sticker proclaiming the word "MERRY".  Here, we have the ubiquitous image of a Christmas toy soldier becoming the metaphor for the misogynist man.  I could go on, but hey, I'd rather enjoy the holidays ...


No comments:

Post a Comment