Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, April 25, 2016

SPOTLIGHT ON FILIPINA LITERATURE!


Barbara Jane Reyes is teaching a Filipina Literature class at University of San Francisco, and she's done a slide presentation of such. Salamat for including me! You can see the entire presentation HERE. I'm in fine company with Ninotchka Rosca, Jessica Hagedorn. M. Evelina Galang, Marianne Villanueva, Lynda Barry, Erin Entrada Kelly, Melissa Chadburn and Trinidad Escobar.


And what I like, too, about how others highlight from my work is seeing what spoke to them.  The excerpt above is from a poem "I Do" from I TAKE THEE, ENGLISH, FOR MY BELOVED. Glad to see it as this is from a 2005 book that I haven't cracked for a while. It's nice to see the poetry have legs...















No comments:

Post a Comment