Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

ANOTHER EFFECT OF DECLINING READERSHIP?

I'm all for recycling but I don't quite get the conceptual underpinning of restaurants using old or antique books--with tendency to the classics for upscale marketing?--for presenting their fare. There's a restaurant I know which uses open books for presenting appetizers -- it was a recipe book so when I was confronted by this practice, I thought, Huh, but soon forgot about it.  But more recently, William Faulkner's GO DOWN, MOSES was used for presenting our dinner bill--see pics below. I think it's disrespectful.




Per the third photo, were we supposed to write how much we enjoyed the shrimp scampi? Poor Faulkner.  Apologies for this impoverished culture.






No comments:

Post a Comment