Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

MINING FOR BOOKS!

And I not only love books but I love ... BOOKSTORES!!!!  And what a pleasure to discover a new fabulous bookstore--this morning, went to Napa Bookmine for the first time.  They're relatively new, though will soon celebrate their first-year anniversary.  Here's A WONDERFUL ARTICLE about them!  Wonderful but also educational about what it takes to create and sustain an indie bookstore nowadays... in this case, helps to get a 15,000-book donation from Dad-Another-Bookseller and an Indiegogo campaign...

And another great thing about them?  They'll soon stock my books!  And of course I took photos of my first visit there .... Heart those bookstores! Second photo down is of Elayna with my purchases; Elayna is one of the proprietors and very helpful!  And I really love their very inviting space!










Elayna is shown with the books I bought today, not likely to be my last purchase there (they have an affordable book trade/used books/frequent buyer program!).  I might as well provide my latest update on my Recently Bought Poetry Books or Books by Poets; the first five listed were purchased from Napa Bookmine:


NOTEBOOK OF A RETURN TO THE NATIVE LAND by Aime Cesaire, Translated and Edited by Clayton Eshleman and Annette Smith

INTERVAL by Kaia Sand

GREEN AND GRAY by Geoffrey G. O’Brien

THE OLD LIFE by Donald Hall

THE COMPLETE POEMS by Randall Jarrell

WEAR WHITE AND GRIEVE by Jennifer Diskin

MIDWINTER DAY by Bernadette Mayer

PORT LIGHT: A HAY(NA)KU COLLECTION by William Allegrezza (this book is forthcoming from Meritage Press; had to purchase an advance copy for review)

BOUGH BREAKS by Tamiko Beyer

147 MILLION ORPHANS (MMXI-MML) by Eileen R. Tabios (if I buy my own books I include on this list)

VERSES TYPHOON YOLANDA: A STORM OF FILIPINO POETS (edited by yours truly; if I buy my own books I include on this list)




No comments:

Post a Comment