Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, August 4, 2014

A BLURB TO IGNORE

As review copies arrive, I stack them up in a corner of the writing desk until I am able to move them to the review copy bookshelf.  So, for a couple of days, a book with this blurb on its front cover has been on my desk sort of irritating/amusing me.  So many things wrong with it -- but I woke up this morning and felt ... pity.  For the poet who doesn't know any better than to allow it on his book:




Really, there's only one place for a blurb like Tom Wolfe's.  And that, young Jeddi, would be HERE.  Though, there's a good chance I'd reject it for its lack of imagination...



2 comments:

  1. This is the best thing ever and the saddest thing ever. I love this project and I adore you. love, Rebecca of the Whales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca. And I am enjoying your POSTCARD!!!!!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete