Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Friday, August 8, 2014

A "MEMRY"

In one poem, my spelling of the word and concept is "MEMRY" ... because my memory's a sieve.  So a current project had me self-googling yesterday to figure out, uh, basically what I've been doing in my life. Stumbled across this moment with names, yeah, that I should drop:  Marie Howe, Billy Collins,Yusef Komunyakaa, David Lehman, Charles Bernstein, Eileen Tabios,Donna Masini, and J. D. McClatchy. I'd not seen Best American Poetry's blog post on this moment, a poetry reading last century. I remember being asked to fax sample poems for David Lehman's perusal as no one knew who I was and he was doing the introductions. When he introduced me, he said something about how I'd just switched over from banking to poetry and that, based on my poems, I'd be a good investment. Thank you David ... and, wow, I should self-google more to figure out, uh, what I've been doing in my life.  Like, HERE


[Reposted from a Facebook note--isn't that pathetic?  Not if you need all the tools you can have to block amnesia...]



No comments:

Post a Comment