Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

AGAINST MISANTHROPY: A LIFE IN POETRY

Poetry is consistent with synchronicities.  Last night, I discovered that this year will be the 20th year anniversary of my "career switch" from banking to poetry.  I hadn't realized ...

... and this coincides synchronizes with the new manuscript I'm preparing that'll come out in a few months -- an experimental biography (I love subverting that genre):

AGAINST MISANTHROPY: A LIFE IN POETRY (2015-1995)

I still remember the nervousness of becoming a poet.  I remember telling my husband that my goal was not to get an acceptance for any of my poems but a personalized rejection vs. a print-out.  I just thought it so against the odds that anyone would like my poems....


2 comments:

  1. Eileen, your poems make new and welcome furrows into earth and other planetary configurations. You change our world. We are ALL OF US lucky you are here.
    In my humble view, what you are doing with the academic and experiential wealth you bring to poetry is tremendously gifting. Big thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sheila. And it's been lovely to meet people like you through poetry!

    ReplyDelete