Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

RECOMMENDING THE PALPABLE MARILYN by AMANDA NGOHO REAVEY!


I just received my latest LinkedIntoPoetry Recommendation, MARILYN by Amanda Ngoho Reavey. It is a palpable creature -- visual, multi and trans genre, open and amazingly articulate about its multi-layered complicated concerns. In other words, everything that Poetry can be when alchemized organically by someone with an unbreakable spirit.

As well, there is an amazing essay"NOTES TOWARD TESSERAE"which provides a meaty, lucid and ravishing read.  This book is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

**



I was pleased to see Galatea Resurrects in the Acknowledgments.  GR #23 had featured excerpts from MARILYN. MARILYN's acknowledgments also reminded me of of how dreams can unfold if we allow their existence as well as time.  And when I first brewed up the idea of Galatea Resurrects -- a womanifestation of what happened to the mythological Galatea after she stepped off her pedestal, and the answer was partly to become interested in poetry -- I didn't anticipate ever getting to its 25th issue.

I received my copy of MARILYN as a gift for supporting a T'Boli school in the Philippines.  I want to purchase the book, though, to show my support and will do so to come up with a review copy for either Galatea Resurrects and/or The Halo-Halo Review.  Email me at galateaten at gmail dot com if you would like to receive this book for review.




1 comment:

  1. Blog filing:
    http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/interviews/oral-history-interview-alfonso-ossorio-5517

    ReplyDelete