Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Friday, November 13, 2015

...THE PERSISTENCE OF WINTER

(Reading Goolrick at Pattiserrie B, San Francisco)

Robert Goolrick is such a fine writer that I read his latest novel about a topic of almost zero interest to me: Wall Street traders from the 1980s.  I'm talking about his The Fall of Princes.  And not only did I finish the book but it actually generated ten poems during its reading -- a result that pleases me since this meant I wrote poems about a topic of almost zero interest. Poetry can be (on) anything -- why shouldn't I write poems also on stuff that doesn't interest me?

Just a nota bene to the blog-as-file cabinet.






No comments:

Post a Comment