Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Friday, November 27, 2015

A BOOK THAT TRANSLATES INTO SUPPORT FOR A SCHOOL!

(A young student in T'Boli garb dances ... as all children should!)

Dear All,

I am doing a three-day fundraiser on behalf of a T'Boli school in the Philippines which had been threatened by a shut-down due to poor proceeds from weather-damaged local crops (among other things).  Recently, I saw an 11-year-old make a $5 donation (to help keep paying teachers!) and I was so moved that I decided to do this modest fundraiser, to wit:

If you order any of my books, I will donate the proceeds to the school -- for info on the school fundraiser, go HERE.  I will even send the book out to a gift recipient, holiday-wrapped and with a To/From card from you if you choose to give said book as a holiday gift. Go to MY WEBSITE and click on PUBLICATIONS to choose the book.  Message me on Facebook or email me at Galateaten@aol.com if you wish to buy a book that will help out a school!

Best,
Eileen






No comments:

Post a Comment