Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"IT BRIMS WITH USEFUL TABIOSITY"

To live poetry
instead of just marking
words on a page—
none of it too much
or too little
It is only what it is
and all of it is
perfectly pitched


For the record, while I've never paid attention to Adam Sandler, I do swear a lot. And that's about all I can muster, really, about this generous attention to AGAINST MISANTHROPY and my  "tabiosity" as it leaves me roiling in gratitude.  Thank you Allen Bramhall for your words about my "Poetry as a way of Life" at this new Mandala Web site, which also looks to have wonderful potential -- I look forward to following it!


Isn't that a gorgeous mandala?  I'm already flabbergasted by the review but to have it contextualized within "Mandala Web" is yummy icing.  You can check out Allen's engagement HERE, and it begins with
Eileen Tabios is a Filipino-American writer, editor, activist, and so forth. The so forth is crucial. Her integration of writing, editing, activating, and otherwise living a life of artistic, aesthetic, compassionate, and supportive acts defines a creative life that we could all learn from. Not to place her too high on the pedestal: she probably swears once in a while, or enjoys Adam Sandler movies.

I never thought I'd get to this place, where I begin and end a post with Adam Sandler:


Poetry: it'll take you places you'll never expect...




No comments:

Post a Comment