Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

TAXES: A POET'S MASOCHISTIC PLEASURE

I just mailed this and while it cost me money, I don't begrudge it.  Because for me to cut a check to the State of California for owed sales taxes means that, yep, I managed to sell poetry books!  So feast on this image with Moi!



But in addition to selling poetry books, I also BUY poetry books!  Here's my latest  Recently Bought Poetry List of books by poets or about poets/poetry.  The first three titles are from Naissance Chapbooks which is running a special – for every chap you purchase from their wonderful list, you can get a free copy of my chap ROMAN HOLIDAY!  Details HERE! Recently, I bought


THE HOAX OF CONTAGION by Michael Leong

OF COLLOCATED RHYTHMS by Felino A. Soriano

WATCHING THE WINDOWS SLEEP by Tantra Bensko

V: WAVESON.NETS / LOSING L’UNA by Stephanie Strickland

THE BLACK UNICORN by Audrey Lorde

CONTRABAND OF HOOPOE by Ewa Chrusciel

THE BARONS by Joshua Corey

TO KEEP TIME by Joseph Massey

MISSING THE MOON by Bin Ramke

AN ARMY OF LOVERS, novel by David Buuck and Juliana Spahr

WHAT POETS ARE LIKE: UP AND DOWN WITH THE WRITING LIFE, memoir by Gary Soto

147 MILLION ORPHANS (MMXI-MML) by Eileen R. Tabios (if I buy my own books I include on this list)

No comments:

Post a Comment