Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

BALANCING THE SCALE

As I'm putting my Fall book SUN STIGMATA to (printing) bed, I'm also editing a new manuscript with a new-to-me publisher awaiting it.  That'd be my 28th poetry/multi-genre collection.  And so I announce its title:

AMNESIA: SOMEBODY'S MEMOIR

Someone just asked me about my prolificness and I replied it's not about the number of books.  Those books just manifest what my work demands I explore: SCALE.

Scale: there's a certain type of work made possible only by prolonged attention and while that approach generates a lot of books (I'll have done 3 in 2014), that's just a side-effect.  I'm just paying attention to what (my) work demands, and it voraciously demands a huge scale.  That's why, if one looks at my editing, one can see a page like this as much as edited text:




In AMNESIA's case, you see, I'm also working with balancing said scale ...

I know I'm blessed to keep finding book publishers.  And it's partly because if 27 manuscripts piled up in my drawers (pun intended) instead of finding their way out to the world, I'd be suffering the imbalance of constipation.  Nuff said.



No comments:

Post a Comment