Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

MAY I SPEAK TO YOU 1%?


Forthcoming officially in March is my monograph on a 5+-year project: MURDER DEATH RESURRECTION. Gratitude to Dos Madres Press for publishing it. For the front cover, I love Elizabeth Murphy's design that revolves around a Pacita Abad painting of mirrors (because the significance of a poem can reflect back the reader). Now, per that "EDUCATOR'S GUIDE" on the back cover (see below), this book is a first for me for incorporating suggested Study Questions and Workshop. Hence my Call to the 1%. If you are a teacher (not just a prof at a school but a workshop leader) and would like a complimentary copy (desk copy), just email me at galateaten@gmail.com . No need to guarantee you'll use the book. I am betting only 1% will actually use this book because it upends the typical workshop ... because it upends normative poetry which is of course what I want to do. As for the rest of youse, maybe you'll want to read it just cause it upends the usual assumptions re poetry ... It does have good word-of-mouth: Thanks to those on the back cover:

(click on images to enlarge)

MURDER DEATH RESURRECTION should arrive (the book, not the mayhem) at Small Press Distribution in Berkeley (SPD) in March. Or, contact me if you want a signed copy.



No comments:

Post a Comment