Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Monday, July 10, 2017

READING: A POETICS TOO FOR THE NOVEL


I'm newly a fan of Claire Messud. Wowed by the first novel by her that I read, The Woman Upstairs. Just finished and wallow-loved The Emperor's Children though I felt the ending could have been improved (lookit me going all crit when I've yet to finish my own first novel!). Anyway, off to check out her other books -- there's something in her approach that I feel will help my own novel-writing. Yes, this is how I learn to write anything, including poetry. By reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment