Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

THE MOMENTS THE POETRY READER LOOKS FOR ...

...my bones hurt
because they want to fly


Well, that's a moment. I just read SECRET WEAPON: SELECTED LATE POEMS by the Romanian poet Eugen Jebeleanu, Trans. by Matthew Zapruder and Radu Ioanid with a very useful Introduction by Andrei Codrescu (Coffee House Press, 2008).  I had to let it go to a reviewer in Bucharest!  But I wanted to keep it after reading the poems so, I bought my own!  Not many poetry collections inspire the purse-opening...so kudos to Coffee House Press and the editors for this project!






Here's a sample poem:




No comments:

Post a Comment