Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

ON THE POET-EDITOR HALVARD JOHNSON

I've long admired Halvard Johnson.  He's "pure" as regards his love for poetry.  I still remember an old project of his where he just sent favored poems to a personal email list.  That's just love, just like other editing projects like ON BARCELONA.  I also remember first meeting him and his partner Lynda Schor in person.  I think it was the ridiculous AWP -- he asked me for some poems and, youth and ridiculous youth that I was, I blurted out that my poems were "difficult" for most.  They replied such wasn't a problem for them ... and it hasn't been indeed given their receptivity.

I note ON BARCELONA as this December is its last month, even though its archives will remain online.  This journal, simply but elegantly framed on Blogger, has had a great run since its inception in January 2012.  So, THANK YOU, Hal!

And I'm proud that my poem "DREDGING FOR ATLANTIS" is part of their last month.  I can't think of a better home for it.

And you -- have you thanked a poet-editor today?



No comments:

Post a Comment