Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

NOT EVEN FOR A GOOD CAUSE COULD I ...



Our local community has an annual massive rummage sale that raises funds to support orphanages in Russia and Uganda.  Like many in the community, I donate what stuff I can and then return the day of the rummage sale planning to cheerfully buy them in triple price.  Well, I don't actually end up buying the objects I usually loosened from the house with much relief (this year, clothes I haven't worn in years, some of Mom's objects that I can finally let go and books I didn't enjoy enough to want to retain).  What I do usually end up buying are mostly books.

Pickings were slim for me as I arrived after the crowds who lined up early had done their pickings.  But, bearing in mind an upcoming trip to Spain, I decided to look for disposable books -- I mean, when I go on vacation, my brain wants to come along to vacate itself.  So I look for light reading, especially books I can leave behind as soon as I finish reading them and thus lighten the baggage returning home.  Thus, this summer's travel reading will include (click on images to enlarge):



I also picked this to record results of an upcoming summer trip to Spanish wine country:



But what I couldn't bring myself to buy (donating money instead for the good cause) were these three global bestsellers:


I just ... couldn't ...

... even though I moiself wrote THIS.




No comments:

Post a Comment