Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

NORTH FORK SHOWCASE OF FILIPINO-PILIPINZ ART

If I ever won Lotto, I'd never buy a Picasso, Van Gogh or Amorsolo. I believe in supporting the art(ists) of one's time. While I've tried to do that, a subset of those activities has been bringing to my home art by Filipino-Pilipinx artists. The best part of unpacking from years of storage has been the ability to re-feature the works at home in a more organized way. So I decided to do a Filipino-Pilipinx gallery. It's not open to the public, but I plan for it to have a meaningful online presence based on engagements/discourse with the art.
What I've learned over the years is the relative paucity of engagements over artworks--both visual and poetry (with the latter, I attempted to redress it through Galatea Resurrects)--by those at the forefront of the arts practice. And now, I'm pleased to release
NORTH FORK ARTS PROJECTS
Showcasing Filipino-Pilipinz Artists
I inaugurate the online presence with engagements of art by Marissa Sean Cruz, Patrick Rosal, John Patrick McKenzie, Emmy Catedral, Eliza Barrios, V.C. Igarta, and Melissa Nolledo. In some cases, I update already written material; others are new for this site. I hope you check it out (more material to be added over time) ... and may this cause you to further support Filipino-Pilipinx artists -- they are doing wonderful and meaningful work.

No comments:

Post a Comment