Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

"DEAR MAMA" HONORS MOM AND MOTHER'S DAY

I'm honored that my poem "Dear Mama," the pivotal poem in IMMIGRANT: Hay(na)ku & Other Poems in a New Land (Locofo, 2017) was part of today's Mother's Day service at my local United Methodist Church. It was in company with poems by Langston Hughes, Billy Collins and Mary Oliver. To live long enough to see how one's poems can fit into "everyday" life is a blessing. Thanks to my pastor and also author Audrey Ward for curating the event and asking me:



Details and more photos are available HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment