Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

THE LITERATURE OF THE PHILIPPINES' MARTIAL LAW

The Philippines just held its elections, electing a President who's been described as possessing dictatorial tendencies, and the son of Ferdinand Marcos being a close second in the Vice Presidential race (in the Philippines the races for President and Vice President are conducted individually/separately).  This makes all the more timely the following list (the link is a Facebook link):

A Working List of Martial Law Literature


About my inclusion, I said on Facebook:
I AM VERY PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS LIST. In poetry I have only one loyalty and it's not to a particular community, country, political bent or trends concocted within the so-called literary industrial complex. Having said that, it would have been ridiculous for a writer of my age and roots not to be on this list. I actually have an unpublished short story manuscript on this theme -- I say that only to stress that this poet of Beauty does not believe she lives in a vacuum. I am very proud to be on this list.

I represent through the following poems and short stories -- and am proud to represent:



POEMS:
“List(ing) Poem: Towards the New Filipino Society” by Eileen Tabios  (1)
“My City of Baguio” by Eileen Tabios  (2 and 3)

“The Rebel’s Son” by Eileen Tabios  (4)

“What Can A Daughter Say?” by Eileen Tabios (2 and 3)

SHORT STORIES:
“Negros” by Eileen R. Tabios

“Force Majeure” by Eileen Tabios

“The Man in a White Suit” by Eileen Tabios

“Redeeming Memory” by Eileen Tabios

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment