Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

EXCAVATING THE FILIPINO...

For as long as I've been a poet, I've admired Tinfish Press for its fabulous experimental poetry from/re the Pacific in radically gorgeous designs. Entonces, I'm so pleased that publisher Susan Schultz asked me for, and will publish, a rather unique chapbook:

EXCAVATING THE FILIPINO IN ME

It will have an interview, visual poetry and a poem. The interview is wide-ranging but it will also "out" the poet Pearl Yasmin.  I won't say more on that except to say, compared to Pearl Yasmin, that whole Michael Derrick Hudson / Yi Fen Chou matter is ... amateur-hour.

More on my chap later!  Meanwhile, do check out one of Tinfish Press' latest offerings, chaps by Jen Crawford, Timothy Dyke, Salah Faik (trans. by Maged Zaher), and Joseph Han. They're wonderful and available as a series!




No comments:

Post a Comment