Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

BEFORE AND AFTER...FOR A BOOK I WISH DID NOT EXIST

It's a moment.  It's always a moment when you see the first published book from what once were scrawled/printed on pieces of paper.  Here's a "Before" and "After" shot of VERSES TYPHOON YOLANDA:

BEFORE



AFTER


The book's not ready for release yet, but ... it's a moment. And I want to wallow in it for a while because a new book, [insert pause] I was going to say, "a new book is always a blessing."  But, actually, this is the one book I wish didn't have to happen.  Because it surfaced only because of Typhoon Haiyan.

If one lives long enough, one lives long enough to see the unexpected, such as a book about which I write in my Editor's Introduction: "I conceptualized and serve as editor for this anthology--[but] I wish this book did not exist."

Ars Poetica: One's gotta do what one's gotta do.


No comments:

Post a Comment