Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

VIDEO RECORDING AVAILABLE FOR MARSH HAWK READING

You are invited to see the recording of the second session of Marsh Hawk Press' Summer Reading Series. This event features readings by Thomas Fink & Maya Mason, Jon Curley, and Eileen R. Tabios with Introductions by Burt Kimmelman. The website features link and password at this link.

(My part of the event starts at 00:35.30 as I'm the last reader.)

I recommend the presentations by the other readers. I also thank Burt Kimmelman for his generous Introduction to me and the book I was launching--the 2021 paperback edition of The In(ter)vention of the Hay(na)ku: Selected Tercets 1995-2019; here's an excerpt: 

"Too many readers overlook a poem’s form ironically. Tabios does not. Yet she’s always bending it. ….Joyce found poetry too confining. Tabios must always transcend her own formalisms.… . Tabios is intrinsically drawn to form for reasons to do with how aesthetics and thought touch."

I'm also grateful to those who attended the reading, including these:







No comments:

Post a Comment