Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Sunday, May 16, 2021

WOMEN MAKING VISUAL POETRY!

I am THRILLED over my reading du jour: a long-overdue and historic anthology on "Women Making Visual Poetry" edited by one of my perennial favorite vizpo artists, Amanda Earl, and published by the visionary Timglaset/Joakim Norling. The last image below presents my favorite discovery from the book, Viviane Rombaldi Seppey. The book lists 1881 women making vizpo so it'd be difficult to include images from everyone; but what I love about that list is the power it presents for debunking the notion that not many women make vizpo (and I'm happy to be included!). It also allows me to make discoveries even without images--for example, I didn't know Mary Ruefle made vizpo, did you? I present the list here because I recommend you check them/us out, too. (Click on images to enlarge.)










No comments:

Post a Comment