Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, September 22, 2018

HOW'S ABOUT SOME ART?

"Modified Baybayin" by Rea Lynn de Guzman

I write on visual art not just because I love art but because art-writing flexes a different muscle and I'm trying to get at something impossible to say (which is why I'm a poet in the first place). Visual art offers the convenience of being visible so that whatever I say can be checked against that visibility. AND I also write as much as possible (and it's impossible) from an unmediated point of view -- based solely on what I see versus what I hear, to paraphrase that saying about blind collectors (cough). Anyway, for my latest blather on various artworks by Jean VenguaRea Lynn de GuzmanMatt Manalo, and VC Igarta, you are invited HERE.





No comments:

Post a Comment