Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Sunday, July 8, 2018

I CAN RAP!

My double-Ilokano rap poem is up at Local Nomad! I wrote it for my older brother who'd conscientiously created a list of Ilokano double-syllables years ago in Santo Tomas. Yeah: I can even rap.... and did it while riffing off Ashbery. 

You can see the poem entitled "WAGWAG" over HERE, complete with English translations, literal and poetic. "Wagwag" means used clothes, like what's in these bales exported to the Philippines:


And I recommend the rest of the issue devoted to Falutinism: http://www.local-nomad.net With Márton Koppány, Judy Swann, Mergil Brief-Deever, Denny E. Marshall, Jean Vengua, and M.A. Fink. It's a party!



No comments:

Post a Comment