Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Saturday, February 6, 2016

NATIONAL BOOK AWARD TROPHY

I'm crazed at the moment. I'm having painters and movers invade the house for the next four weeks and I have to pack so much stuff to move to storage. But what can be interesting is discovering what's been covered under dust in dim corners of the place. And I found this! My Philippine National Book Award trophy for my first poetry book, BEYOND LIFE SENTENCES! The sculpture was created by Philippine National Artist Napoleon Abueva:




As for Barbie in indigenous-ish clothing? That was for a post-colonial project I did years ago. I believe some part of the U.S. military bases in the Philippines, when turned into businesses and factories, included Mattel....well, never mind that for now...







1 comment:

  1. Hi! That trophy was by Napoleon Abueva. Signed and dated 97. Can you post a pic of his signature on the side? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete