Eileen R. Tabios is a poet working in multiple genres and in-between. She also loves books by writing, reading, publishing, critiquing, romancing and advocating for them. This blog will feature her bibliophilic activities with posts on current book engagements and links to her books and projects related to books.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

AN AVANT-GARDE POEM FOR KIDDOS

Kindergarde:Avant-Garde Poems, Plays, Stories, and Songs for Children, edited by Dana Teen Lomax (Black Radish Books 2013, 178 pages) is an interesting book.  Over at Jacket2CarolynHembree provides a review that's useful, too, for giving an overall sense of the project.  


I also did a review of one of the poems in Kindergarde, "done" by Rachel Zolf.  I forget now who told me that s/he was so happy I focused on this particular visual poem as it's apparently considered more difficult than other offerings in the book.  Here it is:




Thing is, I didn't consider this work any more difficult or easy than the others.  If you read my review, perhaps the trick to appreciating it is really seeing the work as it is.  So, I don't think it's the work that's "difficult."  I think it's the seeing that can be.  Well then, consider this my encouragement to OPEN YOUR EYES!



No comments:

Post a Comment